知识. 问责制. 护理.
泽维尔大学 Notice of Non-Discrimination
第九条 is the federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on sex in all federally funded education programs and activities. 遵守宪法第九条, 泽维尔大学 does not discriminate based on sex in any education or activity,包括 admission and 就业. Sex discrimination includes sexual harassment, 性侵犯, 约会暴力, 家庭暴力, 跟踪, harassment or discrimination based on pregnancy, 育儿, sexual orientation and/or 性别认同. 泽维尔大学 does not tolerate sex discrimination. If a student or employee believes they have experienced sex discrimination or has questions about 第九条, please contact Xavier’s Chief 第九条办公室r, 凯特·劳森, at 332B Gallagher Student Center, 胜利大道3800号, 辛辛那提, OH 45207, 513-745-3046, (电子邮件保护) or the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at U.S. 部门. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 400 Maryland Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20202, 800-421-3481, (电子邮件保护). For free, 保密 advocacy and support, contact Xavier’s 校园宣传协调员 at 513-904-9013.
The 第九条办公室 leads Xavier's efforts to prevent and address sex discrimination,包括 all forms of 第九条 Sexual Harassment and Interpersonal Violence. Our mission is a safe environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors at Xavier.
- 禁止 all forms of sex discrimination (including sexual harassment, 性暴力, 约会暴力, 家庭暴力, 跟踪, and retaliation against individuals reporting sex discrimination) and discrimination, harassment or violence based on a person's sex, 性别认同, 或者性取向.
- 保护 students, employees, and visitors of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
- 需要 泽维尔得到了提示, equitable resolution process in place to address sex discrimination complaints, 其中包括 reliable, impartial, and adequate investigation 泽维尔的第九条办公室.
- 保护 pregnant and 育儿 students and employees.
- 需要 that members of both genders have equal opportunities to participate in sports and receive the benefits of competitive sports.
No police report needs to be filed for Xavier to investigate and determine whether a violation of its policies has occurred. Xavier must and will respond to sex discrimination complaints under its own policies regardless of whether a student makes a police report and/or whether a criminal investigation is proceeding.
泽维尔的政策 on sex discrimination can be found in the 泽维尔学生手册 (applies when a student is accused of engaging in sex discrimination) and the Harassment Code and 问责制 Procedures (HCAP) (applies when an employee is accused of engaging in sex discrimination). These policies describe in detail the investigation and complaint resolution process for sex discrimination complaints at Xavier. Some forms of sex discrimination may also violate 俄亥俄州 law. Definitions of these crimes as well as how 俄亥俄州 law defines consent can be found in 学生手册第1节.6.5.
Xavier students and employees have rights under Xavier's sex discrimination policies. A full description of these rights is available in the Student Handook and the HCAP.
Xavier students and employees have many 报告和支持选项,包括 保密 resources if the individual is not yet sure what they want to do. A Xavier student has the right to report to the 第九条 及/或执法部门(泽维尔大学 Police Department and/or local police department).
泽维尔地址 学生的安全, 住房, 学术, 就业, 咨询, immigration and other potential needs regardless of whether the individual engaging in sex discrimination against the student in a Xavier community member and regardless of whether the student files an official report with law enforcement and/or the 第九条办公室. Information on the many interim and supportive measures Xavier may implement students and employees impacted by sex discrimination may be found in the Student Handbook and HCAP.
Xavier encourages all community members to educate themselves on how to recognize sex discrimination and provides campus-wide education to students, faculty and staff on engaging safely and effectively as a bystander.
所有问题和关注 regarding 第九条 and sex discrimination may be directed to Xavier's 第九条 Interpersonal Violence Response Office staff:
- 首席第九条官: 凯特·劳森——(513)745-3046， (电子邮件保护), Gallagher Student Center 332B
- 第九条项目主管塔利亚·梅森——(513)745-2841， (电子邮件保护), 加拉格尔学生中心332C
- Deputy 第九条 Coordinator for 体育运动: Susan Cross Lipnickey-- (513) 745-2855, (电子邮件保护)体育学系
美国.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights enforces 第九条. Inquiries should be directed to the Office for Civil Rights Cleveland Office.